NHS DENTAL FEES
- At our Charlton Village Dental and Aesthetics Practice, we believe everyone deserves to have access to dental care. That’s why we offer NHS dentistry to our patients.
- NHS dentistry covers general and preventative dentistry as well as some restorative treatments. It doesn’t cover certain cosmetic treatments.
- If you aren’t sure whether the treatment you are after is covered by the NHS, or whether you are exempt from NHS charges, please get in contact with our friendly team.
- We can help guide you through our competitive private dental fees which you can find here
NHS BAND FEES
- We offer three NHS charge bands as listed below.
- Fees are set by the NHS
BAND ONE £23.80
This covers an examination, diagnosis including X-rays where necessary, oral health advice, a scale and polish if clinically needed, and preventative dental care.
BAND TWO £65.20
This covers everything listed in Band 1, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work, or tooth extractions.
BAND THREE £282.80
This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2, plus laboratory work involving crowns, dentures, bridges and mouth guards.
You are exempt from NHS dental charges if, when the treatment starts, you are:
- You are named or entitled to a valid HC2 certificate.
- Under the age of 18.
- Under the age of 19 and are in full-time education.
- Pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months.
- You do not have to pay if, during the course of treatment, you or your partner, receive:
- Income Support.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Pension Credit guarantee credit.
- Universal Credit.
- You are named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate or you are entitled to an NHS tax credit exemption certificate.
- You'll be asked to show written proof that you don't have to pay for all or part of your NHS treatment. You will also be asked to sign a form to confirm that you don't have to pay.
- Please note the NHS issue dental penalty charges for false declaration of exemptions.
How can we help you?
If you have any questions on the above fees or want the NHS dental fees explained further, please contact us using our contact form
P: 0208 856 0660