Tighten and Tone
ABOUT RADIO FREQUENCY
3D-RF technology is a fantastic treatment for both face and body, skin tightening and cellulite reduction.
Radio frequency is one of several 3D liposuction procedures. It involves the use of radio waves to tighten the skin around the treated area.
Radio frequency helps to concentrate the skins collagen fibres and encourages regeneration of collagen and elastin, which we lose as we age.
RF uses low energy radiation to heat the deep layer of your skin called the dermis. These heat to around 40 degrees Celsius at which increases synthesis of new collagen and elastin fibres, tightening the appearance of skin and can also help to create a lifting effect.
The skin-tightening technology can be applied to the face or body.
Popular treated areas include, Cheeks, Abdomen, Thighs
HOW DOES IT WORK?
An ultrasound gel is placed onto the skin, this acts as a conductor for the 3D- RF energy.
A handpiece with metal probes will be placed onto the skin and moved in gentle circular motions around the skin. This handpiece builds heat until it reaches 40 degrees. An Aesthetcian will use an infrared thermometer to measure the heat of the skin.
This increases the metabolism and release of liquid fat from fat cells, the fat cells shrink in size, and skin is restored closer to its original form, reducing or eliminating the appearance of cellulite.
30 - 45 minutes
No of Treatments
- 4 - 8 treatments for Face
- 8 - 10 treatments for Body
Some people may feel mild discomfort. You can carry on your daily activities after each treatment. For the Vacuum you may experience some bruising, tenderness or swelling depending what pressure is used.
- Firmer younger youthful look
- More sculpted and toned body
- What is the added vacuum setting?
- Not everyone will be suitable for this addition. However, this helps to stimulate the bloc circulation which not only nourishes the skin by improving oxygen and nutrition supply, but helps to remove metabolic waste. It increases the breakdown of cellulite, opens blocked lymphatics and plumps up under-developed or hollow parts of the face.
- What does the facial actually entail?
- We will start with a gentle cleanse to remove any excess makeup, and dirt that may have built up during the day. Glycerine (used to help lower resistance) will then be applied to the face and the face will be treated in sections. The RF will flow in circular motions in each section until heated to 40 degrees Celsius, where it will then be maintained by speeding up the motion for 2-4 minutes. The vacuum may be applied during this time period to aid drainage. The glycerine will be removed/ cleansed and a hydrating moisturiser will be applied.
- Is it safe?
- Yes, the FDA has approved this treatment as safe and effective for reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- What should I do to prepare?
- We would prefer makeup to be removed prior to treatment however this can be done for you. Excess hair also needs to be removed 12 hours before the treatment. Cosmetic treatments such as botox and filler, and IPL/ Laser treatments need to be avoided 2 weeks before and after treatment, pas with chemical peels, these should be avoided 1-6 weeks depending on the strength. Roaccutane needs to have stopped 6 months prior to treatment. It is important to complete the consultation form as thoroughly as possible. Drinking plenty of water is also advised.
- Do I need to do anything after?
- Ensure you drink plenty of water. You can wash your face with a gentle cleanser however do not rub
the skin too hard following treatment. You can commence your usual skincare routine, however be cautious using retinols, glycolic etc these should be avoided for 5-7days. A detailed aftercare will be provided. Sun exposure or tanning beds should be avoided for at least 2 weeks and SPF should be worn every day.
- How will I know if I’m suitable?
- There are some medical conditions that will contraindicate treatment e.g., pregnancy, however a thorough consultation will be completed, detailing medical history, current skin care routine including products. Caution will need to be taken for skin types 4,5 & 6. We will also discuss your expectations as well as results and a tailored treatment plan suited to you. This will also enable you to ask any questions you may have.
Contact us to book an appointment
Start improving your skins appearance today.
We focus on delivering the best treatments, tailored to your needs and using only the safest and most effective procedures.
P: 0208 856 0660